I am graciously accepting yet another peer-distributed blog award for my little offering towards the blogger community. This time I have been gifted the Blue Sky Tag Challenge Award, which like all other unofficial blog awards has some rules upon acceptance. So let's get started, shall we?
The Blue Sky Tag Challenge, sometimes shortened to simply Blue Sky Challenge, like most blog awards is awarded between blogging peers. This means that a fellow blogger has chosen one of my posts, or my blog as a whole, as one that stands out to them either in quality, subject matter, or any other attribute they deem worthy. This particular award seems to be based on the number 11, as I will have to answer 11 questions given to me by the person who nominated me, then nominate 11 new blogs and give them 11 new questions of my own design.
Before I get to that, I would be remiss not to thank Jessica St. Clair of Down the Rabbit Hole for nominating me in the first place and giving me something new to write about. I hope my blog will live up to the standards you have deemed worthy enough to give me this award in the first place. Or, if like most bloggers you simply picked random blogs in order to fulfill your required 11 nominations, I still thank you for giving me a reason to update my blog.
Q & A
Now to answer the 11 questions that Jessica has asked me...
- What motivates you throughout your day?
I have 2 main motivators in almost anything I do. First is to prove people wrong. If there is something that most people say can't be done, especially when it involves my personal abilities or some limitations set on me by others despite the fact that I know I am more than capable of doing it, I will do everything in my power to not only meet but surpass that task.
My second form of motivation is to avoid being reprimanded. Yes, that means in lieu of any other type of motivation, I will do the bare minimum possible to complete a task just to avoid any kind of human interaction. Especially if that interaction is negative towards me.
- If you could speak to one famous person from the past, who would it be and why?
Nikola Tesla, just to pick his brain.
- What was your favorite subject to study in school?
Math and computers. I do much better with strict logic rules and formulas. Spelling and English, which have exceptions and different interpretations, always trip me up.
- What has been your greatest accomplishment thus far in your blogging journey?
Pouring my soul out in my personal posts
, despite the fact that they mainly go unread, are not believed, or are just dismissed after reading.
- What’s your favorite movie of all time?
If I had to narrow it down to one, I'll go with Star Wars V: The Empire Strikes Back.
- What inspired you to begin your blogging journey?
At the time I started I left Facebook out of frustration and needed an outlet to explain my point of view. I can't do this verbally as most people either rudely interrupt me; most times because they know this upsets me to the point I'll become flustered and lose my train of thought, misspeak in some way that is comical to them, or just get upset and quit talking altogether; or if they don't interrupt me they'll just outright ignore me and not listen at all.
- What is your biggest fear?
That the thoughts I can't escape when I'm riding out a wave of depression are true.
- What’s the title of the last book you read, if you haven’t read a book recently then what is the title to your favorite book?
Haven't read a book recently, although I'm in to audio books now so I can "read" while driving. The last one I finished was Nineteen Eighty-Four, and I'm currently "reading" Stephen King's IT.
- If you could travel back in time and personally witness any event in history, what would you want to witness and why?
The Continental Congress to witness to entire thought process of drafting the Constitution of the United States of America.
- Do you believe in the paranormal?
Yes, becoming a paranormal investigator would be a dream profession of mine.
- Where is your favorite place to visit and why?
Anywhere I can see tree covered mountains, a lake or stream, and feel a nice cool breeze without having to see any man-made structures like buildings, roads, power lines, etc.
Now to make my 11 nominations:
- Tyranny of Pink
- My Heart of Mexico
- Because I'm Cheap
- It's Just A Bad Day
- Thoughts of a Woman Revealed
- Jenny Rosee
- Chickery's Travels
- Ideas That Build Cities
- The Sleepy Blogger
- Endlessly Exploring Earth
- The Pen of the Writer
Finally, here are the 11 questions that my nominations must answer should they choose to accept this prestigious award.
- What is your favorite film or television genre?
- What reality TV show or game show do you think you're best suited for?
- What is your guilty pleasure? In other words, what food, song, movie, or whatever do you absolutely love to the point you will drop everything to indulge in it and refuse to give up for any reason?
- Where do you get your inspiration for all your blog posts?
- If you had to limit yourself to only one form of social media (Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, your blog, etc), which would you choose?
- Why did you make your choice for the previous question?
- How many other blogs do you read on a regular basis?
- Apple, Android, Windows Phone, other, and why?
- Favorite song of the moment?
- Name something you remember fondly from your childhood that the current generation will "never understand".
- What's number 1 on your bucket list, and in all honesty do you think you'll ever complete it?
There it is. Now choose to accept and answer these questions (be sure to link your acceptance post here), decline in a comment below, or just ignore this altogether and go on with your life (no fun).
If you were not nominated, or don't have a blog, but still want to play along feel free to answer these in the comments section below.